8/06/2012

Outdoor Week Ending 8/5/12

Recovery week, very little running. Right foot developed pain after just a little light running on Tuesday, so I backed off for 2 days. But by Sunday I felt pretty strong, even on a nasty humid day, but had some uncharacteristic left ankle soreness toward the end of the run.

I think I paid the price a little for choosing the New Balance MT110s to run the Escarpment trail when I'd never done long runs in them before, with right foot pain, then left ankle pain, but I'm still glad I chose those shoes. After I get more adapted to them I probably won't go back to much heavier shoes.

I still like running in light trainers though, and today (Monday) I did 3 hours of run-hiking (83 minutes of running) wearing Nike Skylons, which can be troublesome on rough trails, but felt great today on medium trails. So for a while at least, I will still run in multiple shoes, and I think that's actually good for the feet (and the stride) to be constantly adapting to slight differences.

Run  Rclimb  Long  Lclimb  Hike  Hclimb  OnFeet
2:49    1150    1:57    800    7:42    2100    10:31

Date    Type    Time    Climb    Effort (HR)    Description
30-Jul    hike    0:33            rail trail
31-Jul    hike    1:42    500    2    ram park
31-Jul    run    0:05        3.5    streambed running
1-Aug    hike    1:47    500    2.5    stony brook
2-Aug    hike    1:48    550    2    ram park
3-Aug    run    0:47    350    4    stony brook
3-Aug    hike    0:42    150    3    stony brook
4-Aug    off                  
5-Aug    run    1:57    800    3.5    143    stony brook
5-Aug    hike    1:10    400    4    143    stony brook

Tuesday I saw a vulture out in the woods behind the res, and then what it was looking at -- a nasty deer carcass. Either a bear or coyotes tore that sucker apart.



Wednesday the timber rattler was out near den #2, lurking in the bushes nearby.



Same day saw a deer feeding peacefully next to Pine Meadow brook.


Roland, by himself (refuses help) rebuilding the bridge over Pine Meadow Brook,


Chill spot at Ramapo Reservation.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read all comments before they're posted. To send me a message, just tell me and I won't post it!