1/27/2013

Outdoor Week Ending 1/27/13

So last week nipped an injury in the bud, this week otherwise overcome. Influenza. I was out for three hours on Monday, and though I did feel slightly tired at the beginning, I felt strong enough. But in the last hour of my run-hike, I felt my lungs being chilled, even though I was dressed warmly. That hastened the flu blooming inside me, and what followed was a week lost. Viruses affect not only the weak, the young and the elderly, but kill far too many of such -- one quarter to one half a million people every year die from influenza. Trying to feel fortunate for life ongoing, and not lamenting time lost, I'm healing well and I'm looking forward to getting back outdoors this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read all comments before they're posted. To send me a message, just tell me and I won't post it!