2/18/2013

Mid February Update

Through the first 48 days of the year, I've done 71.5 hours of exercise, or just under 1.5 hours per day. This is not a bad start to the year considering I had the flu last month, and it's taken time to get back outside nearly every day. I had more days off recently and a few days in the gym, but I've been back on the trails much more the last two weeks, so that lifts my spirits!  I have a rough goal of averaging 2 hours per day for this year, which means I'll have to do some extra time at some point, but that should be no problem in the summer, if I stay healthy and on my feet!

Here are a bunch of recent photos from my outings (click photo to enlarge):






Nice Powder after the storm.



My snowshoe like skis: Karhu Karvers -- it was a lot of fun but exhausting






I think Raccoon, but I'm not sure.




I was looking at houses, and there was one up on a hill in Hillburn in a very remote location. This access road was apparently closed, but I walked up halfway only to see the road disappear up the mountain. The next day, I drove in with my agent from the New Jersey side, a 2-3 mile winding trip up the mountain. Very cool location, but not right for me for various reasons, not the least of which was that this access road isn't being used and has issues, but also too many neighbors on the Jersey side, who would all want to drive right past (my) house if this access was opened. Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read all comments before they're posted. To send me a message, just tell me and I won't post it!