1/06/2013

Outdoor Week Ending 1/6/13

The new year of 2013 started cold with snow on the ground, making the trails snowy and a bit icy in places. The last week of 2012 I was on and off sick, traveling some, but got back out there this week, feeling stronger than ever! This year I will update my 2013 Activity Log periodically, mainly as a kind of motivation for myself.

Last year I did 622 hours of hiking and trail running, and while numbers aren't important, I like knowing roughly what I did. I used to think of my time out running on trails as training, but more and more I don't like the word training, and now I give myself the freedom to hike or run depending on how I feel once I'm out there. But it's not all a bad thing to keep track of what you're doing; it can provide some motivation to keep doing what you're doing and take it to another level. If I can make the time and fit it into my schedule, I'd love to be outside hiking and running even more than last year. I don't know, maybe 750 hours this year? We'll see!

Some photos from this week (click on to enlarge):








No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read all comments before they're posted. To send me a message, just tell me and I won't post it!