1/13/2013

Outdoor Week Ending 1/13/13

This week I ended up doing 16:16 of run-hike with 4800 feet of climb, all on icy, snowy, or slushy trails. Trail conditions can of course make a huge difference in how much ground you can cover and the effort required. My 2013 Activity log shows a huge difference just one day can make. On 1/11 the trail was still somewhat firm, but by the next day much of it had turned to slush that was 2 to 6 inches deep. My time on 1/11 was 2:09 at heart rate 116, but on 1/12 it took me a little longer (2:11) at a much higher heart rate (149). Pushing through that slushy snow takes work, but going downhill it can be very nice stuff to glissade through.

Some photos from the Kakiat trail (click on to enlarge):
(also see videos from Kakiat in previous post (below))







No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read all comments before they're posted. To send me a message, just tell me and I won't post it!