12/03/2012

Outdoor Fun Week Ending 12/2/12

Just over 11 hours, about 3600 feet of climb, mostly hiking but some good technical trail running mixed in there. A bit of a snowstorm had me resting on Tuesday, and it stayed cold enough to stick around most of the week in Harriman. With the colder weather and shorter days the temptation is to get it over with faster, but the beauty is in taking your time when possible and enjoying every aspect of the season. That can mean dodging dusk and carrying a headlamp, judging whether you can do a certain route with snow and ice cover, or just making peace with the coolness that you craved all summer, now here, giving the woods over to you, with plant and and animal life in reprieve...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read all comments before they're posted. To send me a message, just tell me and I won't post it!