6/06/2012

Outdoor Week Ending 6/10/12

This week was good, though my legs felt a little shaky early in the week after a couple of very hard runs at the end of last week. I had some swelling in each of my knees early in the week but ended up fine.

Checkout the four videos below!

Run    Rclimb   Long   Lclimb   Hike   Hclimb  OnFeet
7:29    2600    2:23    1100    3:03    1785    10:32

Date    Type    Time   Climb  Effort    Description
4-Jun    run    0:57    250    3    ram park
4-Jun    hike    0:21    300    2    ram park

It was slightly rainy and seasonably cool as I headed up the hill hiking, then for about an hour of running, feeling sluggish. Getting outside every day is my treat, and it's important to go on off-weather days, as those can be some of the most interesting and rewarding experiences.

5-Jun    hike    0:20    300    3.5    ram park
5-Jun    run    1:07    350    4    ram park

I did a few laps on the mud flat by the river and cinder loop around the lake before heading up the hill past the reservoir. A bear, human or big buck headed into the thick swamp as I neared, running southeast on the red connector trail, then saw a big rabbit on the yellow trail shortly thereafter, followed by a couple of fawns near the trail as I started descending toward the reservoir. Since deer are notably quiet in the woods, with squirrels often making more noise, and it unlikely being a human, I think it was a bear.

6-Jun    run    0:33        2    new paltz rail trail
6-Jun    hike    0:17        3    new paltz rail trail
7-Jun    run    2:23    1100    5    Mohonk Millbrook ridge trail
7-Jun    hike    0:40    475    5    Mohonk & old minnewaska trail

Millbrook Ridge Trail, Mohonk, going south







 Return on Coxing Trail


Going North toward Old Minnewaska trail


Shongum Trail Video


Some manicured Mohonk single-track



8-Jun    run    0:41    300    4    ram park
8-Jun    hike    0:15    250    2    ram park
9-Jun    run    0:25        3    gym, trd
10-Jun    run    1:23    600    4    stony brook
10-Jun    hike    1:10    460    4    stony brook

Up on the orange trail


Video



On the back side of Pine Meadow lake, shelter there






More Videos: Running the lower Kakiat trail, then running in the streambed





No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read all comments before they're posted. To send me a message, just tell me and I won't post it!