4/08/2012

Outdoor Week Ending 4/8/12

Week     Planned          Actual        Long   Long      Hiking       Time
Ends  Hours  Long  Hours  Climb  Time  Climb Time  Climb On Feet
 4/8    5:31    1:27    4:33    1740    1:42      800    8:25  3040   12:58

The week started out good, and I felt like running faster early in the week. But the extra speed, on top of a few weeks of increased time on my feet caught up with me, and Friday's run left my right calf sore. I was scheduled for one more run this week, but chose not to run and just do light hiking on the weekend.

This is the third week in my three week long run training cycle, and the most important thing is to be rested for next week's long run of over 3.5 hours, so recovery (and hopefully getting stronger) was the main goal this week. How I feel next week will tell if I rested enough this week.

2-Apr    run    0:53    400    7    ram park, fartlek, forays over level 10
2-Apr    hike    0:27    260    3    ram park

A run-hike with some speed.

3-Apr    run    1:42    800    5    harriman
3-Apr    hike    0:29    260    5    harriman

A run-hike at a harder than normal effort.


4-Apr    hike    1:48    700    3.5    mohonk
4-Apr    run    0:27    40    1    ram park

Separate hike and run later, but should have skipped the run, as my legs never warmed up for the run and I felt stiff.

5-Apr    run    0:43    400    3    140    harriman
5-Apr    hike    1:10    460    2    117    harriman

Yet another run-hike, feeling unusually weary, I think lack of sleep. California weather in New York! I thought as I drove home today, listening to Katy Perry's California Girls on the radio. Captured the mood of the springtime, at least this time. Don't even know if she's from California, and I don't think she even has a great voice, but she's pretty hot. But I'm loving this California-like sunshine and dryness. So many springtimes on the east coast are one soaking week after the next.

6-Apr    hike    1:07    560    2    ram park
6-Apr    run    0:48    100    2    ram park

After this run-hike my right calf got sore and ended my running for the week.

7-Apr    hike    0:34    40    2    ram park
8-Apr    hike    2:50    760    1    91    harriman

Legs ok now I think, but we'll see when I run Monday.

The extra hiking time I've been doing lately probably caught up with me a little this week, but I'm going to keep doing it. The chart tells the story:

Some Photos from the week:

Up to Monitor Rock, north of Wanoksink lake near the blue 'seven hills' trail in Harriman:




An old Kiln nearby Monitor rock:



On the black trail east of Pine Meadow Lake:



Lots of giant boulders under the man-made lake:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read all comments before they're posted. To send me a message, just tell me and I won't post it!