10/26/2012

Outdoor Week Ending 10/21/12

Do I really need to post the weekly summary? No, but it's become a habit. At least I can look back at it if I want to sometime.

This week:  4 runs/hikes, 13:19, 5880 feet of climb

Saturday was the Big Brad 50 km 'race' in Pownal Maine, and I'll write something on that separately. Monday my right foot was swollen and hurting; the top of the instep area was beat up from a fair amount of time on my feet, running and hiking, over the past few months. So I just rested it, then did an easy hike Tuesday.

Wednesday I probably did more than I should have given I had a race in a few days, but I was feeling good to be moving again, and I did a nearly 3 hour run-hike on my favorite very rocky technical trails in Harriman, took it fairly easy though.

After that the taper week concept (resting the body and doing less volume before a big race) kicked in, and I just hiked lightly on Thursday, then traveled/rested Friday. Sunday after the race I just ranged a little with a friend.

No more races planned until next summer at this point:  Escarpment trail in July. I find myself just not needing to race much anymore; I just love being out in the woods on my own schedule too much. That and maybe the fact that my last two races were in the rain and/or very wet for the whole race. Puts a damper on things, for me at least, but there's more to it than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read all comments before they're posted. To send me a message, just tell me and I won't post it!